Feb 3, 2015
Okay, so I built a fairly new Rig:
ryzen 5 3600X
Be quiet pure rock slim
corsair 3200Mhz 2x8GB DDR4
ASRock B450 Fatal1ty
RX 570 8GB
750W Corsair CX750
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB 7200RPM (storage)
Kingston SA2000M 250GB NVMe SSD (for Windows 10)

So I have been using my PC for a month, with overclocked CPU (from 3.8Ghz to 4.2).
No new updates, as far as I know of, I can game on my PC just fine on titles that push it to its limits, no issues, good temps, but when watching videos sometimes it drops a BSOD, like 3-4 times in the last week.
I've gotten all the error codes: the store exception, the critical process died and the 0xC000021A. After the last one I hear my PC make some reving noises (probably hard disk) and my BIOS screen showed me 0MB of ram and no boot options (basically the reboot loop, which is fixed by shutting off and starting instead of restarting). Now I stopped overclocking the CPU in hopes of it fixing and I'm running a windows defender scan which makes my hard disk make some noise like cogs spinning or a pen being swiped across paper which makes me really scared of another BSOD.
Previously done measures: I ran crystaldiskinfo since it's usually the hard disk, it showed that everything is okay with the HDD and SSD, I updated all my drivers and restarted. Then it happened again. All temps are normal, sfc/ scannow for some reason refused to go above 4% for a whole night.

What may be the issue for that? Am I looking at software or hardware? Update coming with MS Defender scan results. Thank you for reading all the way. Also, important thing I forgot to mention - I usually have my PC not shut off but turn off the screen for an in-browser alarm clock to wake me up. Should I just be giving it more rest?
Update - 0 threats found on Defender.

Last edited:
Solution
ryzen 5 3600X
Be quiet pure rock slim
ASRock B450 Fatal1ty
RX 570 8GB
750W Corsair CX750

So I have been using my PC for a month, with overclocked CPU (from 3.8Ghz to 4.2).
No new updates, as far as I know of, I can game on my PC just fine on titles that push it to its limits, no issues, good temps, but when watching videos sometimes it drops a BSOD, like 3-4 times in the last week.
I've gotten all the error codes: the store exception, the critical process died and the 0xC000021A. After the last one I hear my PC make some reving noises (probably hard disk) and my BIOS...
ryzen 5 3600X
Be quiet pure rock slim
ASRock B450 Fatal1ty
RX 570 8GB
750W Corsair CX750

I've gotten all the error codes: the store exception, the critical process died and the 0xC000021A. After the last one I hear my PC make some reving noises (probably hard disk) and my BIOS screen showed me 0MB of ram and no boot options (basically the reboot loop, which is fixed by shutting off and starting instead of restarting). Now I stopped overclocking the CPU in hopes of it fixing and I'm running a windows defender scan which makes my hard disk make some noise like cogs spinning or a pen being swiped across paper which makes me really scared of another BSOD.
Previously done measures: I ran crystaldiskinfo since it's usually the hard disk, it showed that everything is okay with the HDD and SSD, I updated all my drivers and restarted. Then it happened again. All temps are normal, sfc/ scannow for some reason refused to go above 4% for a whole night.

What may be the issue for that? Am I looking at software or hardware? Update coming with MS Defender scan results. Thank you for reading all the way. Also, important thing I forgot to mention - I usually have my PC not shut off but turn off the screen for an in-browser alarm clock to wake me up. Should I just be giving it more rest?
When ocing your cpu were you under clocking your ram? Ram oc's with your cpu slightly as you you oc your cpu more so does your ram slightly. You generally need to set you ram one speed below it's list ablitys.

Solution