Question PC Keep's BSOD'ing (Different Error Every Time)

richie021501

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Hi all - sorry if this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing but....

I built my PC in early 2016. Up until a week or so ago, my PC never got the BSOD even once. However, ever since last week, it's been blue screening every so often. It gives a different error message on the screen each time. This is leading me to believe that it's likely a hardware issue (am I wrong here?). I downloaded the Crystal Disk software to analyze my hard drive/SSD and it seems to indicate that my drives are fine. I also ran windows built-in memory diagnostic tool and that seemed to indicate that my memory was fine as well. I am not really sure where to go from here. If it's my power supply, I am not sure how I would even go about testing it to confirm.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Specs are below, if they matter:

i7-5820k processor
32GB DDR4 Ram running at 2133mhz
Corsair RM 1000 Watt Power Supply
GTX 1080ti Graphics Card
Asrock Extreme4 Motherboard
7200RPM 2TB Hard Drive (Forgot Brand)
256GB Samsung SSD (operating system)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
This is leading me to believe that it's likely a hardware issue (am I wrong here?
It depends. Every bugcheck is different but many bugchecks can be related to similar things. For example, people may have a mix of System Service Exception, Driver State Failure, DPC Watchdog. It might be a more wild mix, but they all could easily indicate a software issue. This is just a simple example though.

An ecclectic mix of bugchecks can be indicative of hardware, but it's not that straight forward either, it does depend on what bugchecks are also really being encountered for example.

Are you able to post the dump files on a file sharing site for us to download?
Are there any patterns to the BSOD? In certain uses for example?
What is your BIOS version?

richie021501

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
It depends. Every bugcheck is different but many bugchecks can be related to similar things. For example, people may have a mix of System Service Exception, Driver State Failure, DPC Watchdog. It might be a more wild mix, but they all could easily indicate a software issue. This is just a simple example though.

An ecclectic mix of bugchecks can be indicative of hardware, but it's not that straight forward either, it does depend on what bugchecks are also really being encountered for example.

Are you able to post the dump files on a file sharing site for us to download?
Are there any patterns to the BSOD? In certain uses for example?
What is your BIOS version?

Thanks for the reply. I've analyzed the dumps through WhoCrashed, and copied and pasted the results below:

On Mon 9/21/2020 2:25:57 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-6656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF802526AAFB6)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFF00000008, 0x2, 0xFFFFF802526AAFB6, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b2dd7130a686a22f\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 452.06
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 452.06
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 452.06 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Mon 9/21/2020 12:58:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-7312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ndu.sys (0xFFFFF8042F205230)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8042F205230, 0xFFFFDF0130BF8920, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndu.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 9/21/2020 12:49:12 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-6750-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ndu.sys (0xFFFFF8057E685230)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057E685230, 0xFFFFE48052246920, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 9/21/2020 11:42:15 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-7171-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF801641ADEEB)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801641ADEEB, 0xFFFF9003AA34FF08, 0xFFFF80002E352920)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

On Mon 9/21/2020 9:51:39 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-8484-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ndu.sys (0xFFFFF80350A25230)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80350A25230, 0xFFFFAA8055CE6920, 0x0)

On Mon 9/21/2020 9:00:43 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-7281-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8053BCD9284, 0x1, 0xFFFFAC0C77712C10)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 9/21/2020 8:10:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092120-7546-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF805772D9284, 0x1, 0xFFFFC88B52E2FC50)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 9/20/2020 9:20:57 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys (USBXHCI+0xB91C)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8031D0D9284, 0x1, 0xFFFF9781388EFBE0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
description: USB XHCI Driver
The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sun 9/20/2020 7:47:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092020-7812-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF800298FA320)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).

On Sun 9/20/2020 9:20:57 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092020-7437-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8031D0D9284, 0x1, 0xFFFF9781388EFBE0)