Question PC keeps causing power trip. Tried several solutions please help!

natetechrock

Reputable
Jul 26, 2018
Hey everyone, so I’m on the verge of pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem. So I’ve been experiencing power trips over the last month all starting when I rebuilt my pc into a new case and installed a AIO.

PC Specs:

Case: SSUPD Meshlicious ITX
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3
RAM: T Force 16GB
Mobo: B450i Strix ITX
PSU: Corsair SF750
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x53
Also I’m utilizing a 180 degree power pin mod in order to help with angling the psu cables behind the GPU

So I’ve tried several fixes to try and pinpoint what’s causing the power trips. I understand that there is a chance that it might not even be my PC that’s causing this issue but the situations where the power trips always leads back to whenever I use my PC. I should also add that it mainly happens when I’m gaming or shortly after gaming, idling or using the system for web browsing rarely causes the power trip. I’m usually running the games off display port at 1440p. On my breaker the switch that always trips is the one labeled “upstairs plugs” this includes my room which has 5 outlets, and a loft area that has 5 outlets. When I go to reset the switch it’s labeled as 15 which I’m assuming is what it’s abled to handle in terms of power.

Things I’ve tried:
  • Having only the pc, monitors, speakers, router plugged in on the entire circuit. (Still causes trip after a few hours of gaming)
  • Moving the power strip to another power outlet (power trips)
  • Moving pc to TV entertainment system in loft area outside my room, with just tv and pc plugged in while other electronics are also plugged in the bedroom. I’m not sure if there’s any correlation in power consumption but the gpu is rendering games at 1080p (surprisingly doesn’t cause the power to trip even while on the same breaker switch)
  • Changed power strip to higher surge protecting strip (still caused power trip but I was desperate and thought it could’ve helped)
  • I also reseated the psu cables in my pc and made sure that no screws were touching the psu. (Power still trips)
  • Changed overclock settings back to stock (power still trips)
I actually just ordered a replacement psu and I’m just looking for the time to install it. My last resort is the call an electrician but that would probably be the most costly solution and I’m afraid that it might not even be the house and could just be my pc.

Guys I’m desperate at this point and I haven’t been able to use my system regularly in the past month and it’s driving me up the wall. I appreciate any help!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS