Question Pc keeps chrasing with no warning or bluescreen

Jul 20, 2022
Hi! I built my computer about christmas time last year.

Lately (about once a day) ive been having a problem where the pc just chrashes/turns off without warning and no blue screen. And to power it up again i would have to turn the psu of and on.

Yesterday i took some stuff apart to see if any cables or if the RAM sticks were lose or not put in the right way. But from what i could see that wasnt the problem.

I have also tried going in to the event viewer in windows but couldnt find anything out of the ordinary there. It just says "the pc shut down unexpextedly"

The pc is not suffering from overheating aswell.

Should i try replacing the PSU and rebuilding the system?

I have also tought about replacing my m.2 boot drive as i took that one from my old pc wich was old and wasnt the best.

Theres no specific time for when the crashes happen. I could be watching youtube or gaming. Its very random

Can someone give me some advice on what to do here? I recently got in to PC hardware and dont know alot about it

All answers are appreciated!

PC specs:

- CPU: AMD ryzen 5600x

- CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT / 240mm

- Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

- GPU: Radeon RX 6600 XT Speedster SWFT 210

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB LED Pro Black DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB

- PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold Fully Modular 750W V2

- unbranded old old m.2 boot drive 250 GB

I think i got covered most stuff here

I think I'd try the drive first, the PSU second. While that PSU isn't the greatest one out there, it's not the worst either. It's actually fairly solid in terms of being a high end mediocre type model, with some ticking noises being common on this type of platform due to it's design that incorporates "burst mode" but it's merely an annoyance not a real problem. If the drive doesn't fix the problem then I'd look at the PSU.

Also, if you have other drives attached you might try disconnecting them all and seeing if you still have this problem. If you do, I'd recommend removing the M.2 drive and then booting into the BIOS and just letting it sit there for a period of time to see if the problem happens outside of Windows as well. Of course, since the drive is old anyhow just replacing it probably is the better option anyhow.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Jul 20, 2022
I think I'd try the drive first, the PSU second. While that PSU isn't the greatest one out there, it's not the worst either. It's actually fairly solid in terms of being a high end mediocre type model, with some ticking noises being common on this type of platform due to it's design that incorporates "burst mode" but it's merely an annoyance not a real problem. If the drive doesn't fix the problem then I'd look at the PSU.

Also, if you have other drives attached you might try disconnecting them all and seeing if you still have this problem. If you do, I'd recommend removing the M.2 drive and then booting into the BIOS and just letting it sit there for a period of time to see if the problem happens outside of Windows as well. Of course, since the drive is old anyhow just replacing it probably is the better option anyhow.
Thanks for the reply! i already had plans to buy a new m.2. So that will be the first priority