Question PC keeps crashing and restarting but in BIOS works fine ?

Feb 2, 2022
Hello
i have gigabyte z77 1155 socket with i5 3rd gen cpu on my pc and it crashes for some reason during Windows startup.
it doesnt crash on specific time it crashes randomly (sometimes u get to windows repair,trying reinstall windows etc..)
Its not software problem cuz hdd are replaced, in fact every hardware is replaced and tested except motherboard.

i just wanted to know why system is crashing during boot but works fine in bios ( u can leave it for hours in bios and it won't crash).
Bios is updated as well/didnt crash during flashing bios.
cpu temperatures are fine, voltages are okay on the cmos battery etc

anyone had this problem or has expirience with it ?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Since you state replacing every part in the build, we're going to see two sets of specs, one that was for before and one that was for after the replacement.

Also, Z77 is the chipset while Gigabyte is the make of the board, what is the model of the board? Have you inspected the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins? If you're able to get into BIOS and remain their indefinitely, can you see what BIOS version you're on?