Question PC keeps crashing/cutting out

Oct 17, 2019
Ok, I'm evidently not going to solve this on my own so might as well ask for help now rather than later.

For some time now, my PC has randomly started to shut down. I don't get any BSOD and my monitors just go white/black. No audio comes out and if I look at just the PC you couldn't tell it has crashed since all the fans etc are still working (they do increase RPM, though)

I first thought this was a PSU related problem. Bought a new PSU that was 100W more than the last one (just to be sure). Didn't help. Next I figured it could be temperature related, but my temps seem fine. CPU is at 45 C idle and GPU temps look good, too. Got some new thermal paste on the though. Might as well try to replace that.

I scavenged some forums online and someone had a similar problem with faulty RAM, and I just bought some new sticks to see if that helps. Will also do a clean install of Windows tomorrow when I get home to see if that helps. If not, it's either the CPU, MTB or GPU(?). How do I start troubleshooting?

All and any help is appreciated.

All my components are less than 6 months old. Here are the specs:

MTB: Asus B350 Plus Prime
GPU: Vega 56
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
PSU: Corsair rm750x 80 plus gold
RAM: Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2400 MHz 16GB
Storage: Samsung EVO 850 250GB, 1TB HDD

Oct 17, 2019
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Which BIOS are you currently working with on your board? Ideally you should be on DDR4-3200MHz rams.

Hey Lutfij,

Thanks for the response. I'm currently on Windows 10 1903. Unfortunately I can't check the BIOS until tomorrow. Also, I ordered 16GB of ddr4 3200 MHz RAM just today.