Question PC keeps crashing randomly :( PSU?

Dec 14, 2019
I need help:
last couple of months my PC started randomly crashing, I've checked temps. seems ok. I've checked event viewer, it only said event 41 - kernel power.

i tried opening my hardwere, re-attaching all power supply cords, still having it on random times.

I highly suspect it's the PSU, it's the oldest component of my pc, it's about 5-6 yrs old. (750w)

pc components:
i7-8gen
rtx 2070 gigabyte
2x SSD (gigabyte and kingstone)
HDD WD
z370p d3 Motherboard

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Assuming you have an i7 8700k (common) your system would require a minimum 550 watt supply, plus any overclocking headroom up to 650 watts. Taking capacitor aging into account, with an average use of 8 hours per day for 3 years it's lost roughly 15-25% of it's capacity. After the 3 year mark it's a crap shoot whether it keeps working.
You're lucky to have gotten so far on this PSU. It has done you a great service, but it now should be retired.

Dec 14, 2019
Assuming you have an i7 8700k (common) your system would require a minimum 550 watt supply, plus any overclocking headroom up to 650 watts. Taking capacitor aging into account, with an average use of 8 hours per day for 3 years it's lost roughly 15-25% of it's capacity. After the 3 year mark it's a crap shoot whether it keeps working.
You're lucky to have gotten so far on this PSU. It has done you a great service, but it now should be retired.
my psu is 750W gold though..it should last a long time, and im still not sure its the psu

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS