[SOLVED] PC KEEPS CRASHING WHEN GAMING! PLASE HELP! UGRENT!

Nov 14, 2018
Hello there, So as of a few days ago my pc started crashing and i discovered my CPU was hot as hell. I Then proceeded to dust out the case, cpu cooler (stock) and reapply thermal paste. And to no avail, I think. It kept crashing and being hot so i tried reapplying thermal paste again and this time i started GTA 5 online and it never went over 49 celcius but it crashed anyway for some reason. Kept doing that. And now at my desktop it idles around 30-50 celcius. Even just opening up a folder brings the cpu to 60 celcius sometimes. I really need help. MOBO is MSI 970 gaming. NOT OVERCLOCKED. I Just now tried to start AMD Overdrive to turn off boost and it peaked 79C.
I Have now tried stress testing the CPU for about an hour and no crash. max temp 66C but sat at 64-65 for most of it. But when i had played GTA 5 storymode for about 5 minutes my pc crashed and cpu sat at only 50C and GPU is not hot either.

Last edited:
Solution
D
just because the fan is spinning does not mean the thing is making proper contact with the cpu. no doubt you will need to redo the paste and make sure it's mounted solid. if you keep doing it over and over, your cpu and/or mobo could be fried.
Nov 14, 2018
weird, first start by reseting your bios just to make sure there aren't any weird settings in there.

Are you sure you cooler is firmly attached and fan is properly functioning?
Fan is spinning. I Would assume the cooler is properly mounted. Have tried resetting bios no difference. Tried downclocking the cpu to 3.6ghz by changing the multiplier to 18 instead of 20 and still the same

D

Deleted member 14196

just because the fan is spinning does not mean the thing is making proper contact with the cpu. no doubt you will need to redo the paste and make sure it's mounted solid. if you keep doing it over and over, your cpu and/or mobo could be fried.

Solution