Question PC keeps crashing when gaming

Jul 31, 2024
I've had a 3070 for over a year now and it's worked well until recently. When playing games sometimes my pc freezes and I can't do anything. I have to turn my computer off with the power button.

I did suspect something when I first got it because a game would stutter slightly as it started to warm up but then it'd work fine even at high temps. It also makes a weird buzzing noise in certain games though which was weird. People online said that was just the coils making noise.

This crashing has gotten worse so I was doing research online and checked the windows reliability monitor. It says there's a hardware error but it doesn't say what. I assume it's the gpu but not sure?

What's also weird is something I noticed the last time it crashed is that the gpu fans were still in high throttle even with the screen frozen.

I have reinstalled the drivers with DDU as well to see if that was the problem.

Maybe I just need to reinstall windows? That seems like a last resort to me.

Thanks for any help

When playing games sometimes my pc freezes and I can't do anything
The first thing that come to mind is the power supply.

Second is dust in the GPU card.

Third dust covered CPU cooler.

When it come to issues like this a power supply for all instance purposes can seem perfectly fine when not gaming and even fool you with lesser demanding games the computer has no glitches,

Kick up a highly graphical game and I guaranty you have problems.

Reactions: Kyl3wyld