[SOLVED] PC keeps crashing when I try to play games

speedy72

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
About a month ago I installed a second hard drive into my PC for extra storage and recently got around to formatting it. However, after formatting I found that whenever I tried to load up a game it would either crash or freeze. I went into Task Manager whilst starting up a game and found that my CPU usage would go up to around 98-99%, my Disk usage would go up to 100% and my GPU usage would sometimes shoot up to 100% just before crashing. I have tried unplugging the hard drive and the problem still persists. Does anybody have any idea of what the problem could be?
Specs:
CPU- Intel Pentium G4600
MOBO- ASRock B250M HDV
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4
HDD- Seagate Caviar Blue 1TB (both drives)
GPU- GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
PSU- Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze

Solution
Have you been in to device manager to check for any device our resource conflicts? If there's nothing there you could try rolling back the GPU driver to the version you had before the problems started. If nothing else that would eliminate the driver update as a possible issue.

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
When first reading you post title my immediate reaction was PSU. But based on the spec you have I don't think (based on what you said) that's the case. Have you updated the nVidia drivers recently?

speedy72

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

I updated them around the time I formatted my second HDD and they are currently up to date

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
Have you been in to device manager to check for any device our resource conflicts? If there's nothing there you could try rolling back the GPU driver to the version you had before the problems started. If nothing else that would eliminate the driver update as a possible issue.

Solution