Question Pc keeps crashing when playing certain games.

May 3, 2021
Recently i decided to play some Titanfall 2 and when i got into my first match everything was fine, but after a little bit i got an error saying that a device hung or something and like i said the game runs absolutely fine so i dont know whats wrong, i tried launching the game again and it played fine aswell, then my full system crashed with no bsod, my pc just decided to restart. Here are my specs just in case:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu: Palit Stormx GTX 1050ti
Ram: Viper blackout series 3000mghz 2x 4gb sticks
Psu: Coolermaster MWE 80 plus silver 400 watt
Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro 4
HDD: WD Blue 500gb 7200rpm

If anyone could help i would appreciate it. My system runs all of my other games without crashes aswell, this only seems to happen with titanfall.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When a system powers off or reboots when the system is taxed, the general cause of the issue can be either:
a| an overheating issue
or
b| the PSU is incapable of powering the entire system when taxed

How old is that MWE unit in your build? Have you tried powering the entire system with a donor PSU that can deliver at least 550W of power? It needs to be reliably built, mind you, not something lackluster like the CoolerMaster unit you have right now.

Reactions: Mr.Nut

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
1- System overheating - check temps if possible when playing titanfall compared to other games
2- Psu failure
It could also just be the game but shutting off the pc completely sounds alot like hardware failure. I would suggest checking thermal paste on your cpu and stress checking all your components

Reactions: Mr.Nut
May 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When a system powers off or reboots when the system is taxed, the general cause of the issue can be either:
a| an overheating issue
or
b| the PSU is incapable of powering the entire system when taxed

How old is that MWE unit in your build? Have you tried powering the entire system with a donor PSU that can deliver at least 550W of power? It needs to be reliably built, mind you, not something lackluster like the CoolerMaster unit you have right now.
The coolermaster unit i have right now is only about a month old, this is my first pc build so i dont have acces to other components but i will look out to change the psu soon, any recomendations?. Also i checked my temps and the gpu only sits at around 45 degrees in titanfall and the cpu sits at about the same.