[SOLVED] PC keeps crashing when playing games, need help.

JennyDS

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
The problem started a couple of months ago but only seemed to be happening when I was playing overwatch. It wouldn't happen all the time either, only a couple of times a month. Now it happens everytime I load a game and it's not only overwatch. I can't even play sims without crashing. It's like a glitch and then the screen freezes. If i'm lucky the game just closes and I can go back to youtube which seems to be the only thing my computer can handle these days. If not I have to press the restart button on my case.

I've had the computer for 5/6 years without any upgrades but I reckon its probably time...
Here are my specs:
gtx 770
msi Z87-G45
i5 4670k
Corsair 8gb
Corsair cx750m

Solution

Eh, yes! There are lot's. Depends on budget though.

To give you something close to what you had, quality wise (750w was overkill for your system), something like this would be a superb replacement:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ B&H)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-08 13:02 EST-0500
[/quotemsg]

Ah okay thank you, I'll look into the psu![/quotemsg]

No worries. If you need any further advise, feel free to PM me :)

JennyDS

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

The gpu came factory overclocked but i've already put it back to "normal" settings. I also remved all drivers and then downloaded the lates one. There seems to be no overheating according to HWmonitor.

JennyDS

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

I will try to test different power supplies, would probably be a great chance to also clean out the case. I'll also try to restore the system once I figure out how. Thanks!

I meant manual OC' more so, than factory settings.

Checking the system with another PSU would be a good option to rule it out.

JennyDS

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

I haven't done any manual overclocking.

Do you have any recommendations for a good psu?

To give you something close to what you had, quality wise (750w was overkill for your system), something like this would be a superb replacement:

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ B&H)

JennyDS

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
[/quotemsg]

[/quotemsg]

Ah okay thank you, I'll look into the psu!

[/quotemsg]

Ah okay thank you, I'll look into the psu![/quotemsg]

No worries. If you need any further advise, feel free to PM me :)

Solution