Question PC Keeps crashing when starting game

May 13, 2023
I just build my PC yesterday, did some gaming in the morning for a few hours (PUBG/Minecraft) working just fine but now every time I start up a game it will startup but within 1 minute of starting up the screen will go black and pc will reboot. How can I fix this?

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Boxed

Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.C

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 32GB DDR4

WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD 2TB

Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 - V2 -

AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT

Temps are ok (no extreme high temps)

I’m looking forward to your answers

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you take note of the temps when he issue crops up? You could also try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the system then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers off of AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How are you cooling that processor?

If you want to narrow it down to the PSU, maybe source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and then test your build with it.

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I just build my PC yesterday, did some gaming in the morning for a few hours (PUBG/Minecraft) working just fine but now every time I start up a game it will startup but within 1 minute of starting up the screen will go black and pc will reboot. How can I fix this?

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Boxed

Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.C

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 32GB DDR4

WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD 2TB

Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 - V2 -

AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT

Temps are ok (no extreme high temps)

I’m looking forward to your answers
Does this happen with less demanding programs if you leave them on for a period of time?

May 13, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you take note of the temps when he issue crops up? You could also try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the system then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers off of AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How are you cooling that processor?

If you want to narrow it down to the PSU, maybe source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and then test your build with it.
Thank you!

Temps are between 40-70 Celsius. Already tried using DDU..

Using air cooling with Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.C