Pc keeps crashing with loud sound from speakers then auto restarts

Shane Johnson

Honorable
May 25, 2013
My system keeps freezing and stuttering I have ran many tests and all my hardware is a month old all parts brought brand new sealed and unused.

A few moments ago I was on Youtube watching videos and it randomly froze with the buzz audio from my speakers and it restarted the pc its self.

And an hour before that I tried to update my graphic drivers and it done the same when I was installing them... this always happen 2-4 times some times more per day.

My CPU temp is 17c right now and gpu temp is 29c the highest i have seen my cpu temp is 64c and the gpu 69c so temps are good.
I have ran HDtune and it reported that the hdd is in good health i also ran memtest and that passed I ran furmark and prime95 for an hour each and they where fine with no errors too... I have a minidump file and a system information file uploaded to my skydrive here: http://1drv.ms/1g5nYzX please please please can someone help me :(

Driver errors are common causes of this type of problem. Often you get a 'blue screen' of some kind too. If you get the BSOD then look for a program name on it ending in .sys google that program, it is likely to be the driver having problems.

Rule out file system problems by forcing a checkdisk. It will ask if you want to schedule, say yes. It will ask about surface scan (or thorough or some other name), say no. You just want to make sure the file system is not broken before you do anything else. Set it to fix errors automaticaly. Then reboot.

To rule out drivers I would go load the most recent driver for each of your system parts (MB, audio if separate card else it's in MB chipset driver, video driver including HDMI audio, any add-in PCI cards.).

If file system is good, and new drivers don't help then download a bootable memory test (e.g. google 'ultimate boot cd') Run the mem test looping overnight. If memory errors then time to swap memory. Most systems have 2 memory dimms, you only need one to run. Try the dimms with the memory test one at a time. If you find one that is consistently bad replace it. Your system will run OK with just one dimm until you get a replacement.

If it's not file system, drivers or memory then post.

Dump reading tool and guidance: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Shane Johnson

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Ok I will go and do these and report back tomorrow night or once i have finished it and have time. Thanks tho dude your the only person thats replied from 6 forums and even microsoft had no idea when i spoke to them they just said take it to the shops or pay us $149 and we will have a look xD there so awesome on the support lol.

TRENDING THREADS