Question PC keeps crashing

Feb 18, 2023
Hey everyone

I need help fixing my pc. I have this rig for about a year and it just keeps crashing. The rig is
AMD 5700G using the onboard GPU
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB ( CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 ) that I swapped out recently, you'll find out why below
MSI B550 Gaming edge wifi

So, the pc just keeps crashing without a pattern. It could be while on idle mode, under heavy load, sometimes when using my webcam. If I manage to open the task manager before it completely freezes what you see is 100% GPU usage but no app actually using that much. After that the pc is not responding and I have to force restart from the case. I disabled xmp and let the ram with stock speed which was 2133mhz but I still had crashes.
I've also tried all the scan commands (sfc/scannow, restorehealth etc.) and it found out no issues, updated all drivers including bios, DDU'ed cause I used to have an older nvidia gpu for a while), scanned for virus using malwarebytes premium pro.

After talking with a tech and explaining what is going on he told me it could be a RAM issue and that AMD+Corsair could have compatibility issues and that 3600mhz and CL 18 is not ideal for ryzen cpus.
So about 5 days ago I bought 2 new sticks of ram, the G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX) which are supposed to be amd optimized. Everything was going fine since yesterday. Apparentely the crash trigger right now is watching netflix on chrome. After 5 minutes at most on netflix, pc crashes. I did disable all my add ons, update chrome and I also cleared cmos today hoping it would help but no.

Not so fun fact: PC crashed while writing this and I had to rewrite everything.

Any help is welcome, feel free to ask me any details I might not have posted here