Question Pc keeps crushing/freezing a few minutes after startup

Apr 24, 2019
Everything was working just fine today until the computer randomly freezed. The mouse wasn't working and the clock stopped.The only way to get it back is by pressing the power button for a few seconds to close the pc and then turn it back on again. After I did that the pc worked nor ally for 2-3 minutes and then the same thing happened. I did the same thing over and over again. I tried opening my antivirus to do a scan but after 2 minutes of the computer being open it froze again.Also the computer is a lot slower than usual.Everything is working fine while on safe mode.

So I started my pc on safe mode and opened avast but it just says "Well this is embarrassing.. We've run into a problem and need to restart your antivirus" but when I press the "restart" button nothing happens. Avg won't open (not even when I hit "run as administrator").When I open windows defender I only have the option to "open windows security" which only opens a window that says "security at a glance" and has nothing else to press/do.
What should I do? Is it a virus or a drivers problem?

Apr 24, 2019
try another malware scanner? like malwarebyte? https://www.malwarebytes.com/

I put malwarebytes on a USB and then installed it on my pc in safe mode.It opened normally and it scanned my pc, it found some threats I pressed on the "quarantine" button. One threat keeps reappearing everytime I scan my pc though.I restarted my pc normally it's still kinda slow and after a few minutes of it being on my mouse stops working and I can't click on anything (keyboard shortcuts don't work either) and as usual the only way to turn it back to normal is restarting where it will open again and then after a few minutes the same thing happens over and over again

Edit:I did a quick search and it says that if malwarebytes keeps scanning a PUP file then it's "likely being placed back on the machine via a root kit infection"

If that's the case what do I do?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
I would check your Windows Update. A few weeks ago mine installed the most recent update (I'm on version 1809) and since then my computer would start freezing to where the only thing to do was turn it off then turn back on. I finally figured out that mine was freezing after it would try to check for new updates. I eventually disabled the Windows update (via the Services app) and the problem has stopped. I'm so frustrated with Windows 10 at this point because every now and then with one of the updates, it causes problems with my computer. Now I can't get new updates since I've had to disable them just so my computer will work.