[SOLVED] PC keeps disconnecting my usb device and rgb fans

Sep 6, 2020
I just put another 3 fans in my pc (Lian li O-11 Dynamic) and for some reason my fans will be on for 5 minutes but then the rgb will turn off and my controller plugged into the front usb port will also disconnect, but only for two seconds. Then everything comes back on and rinse and repeat. There is also a noise in windows such as device detected/ disconnected. Any idea what it could be? Thanks for the help.

Solution
I just put another 3 fans in my pc (Lian li O-11 Dynamic) and for some reason my fans will be on for 5 minutes but then the rgb will turn off and my controller plugged into the front usb port will also disconnect, but only for two seconds. Then everything comes back on and rinse and repeat. There is also a noise in windows such as device detected/ disconnected. Any idea what it could be? Thanks for the help.
usb bus hanging then windows resets the usb it starts up again.

you might want to move devices to other usb ports and hubs. ie move slow devices to a usb 2.x hub and fast devices to usb 3.x connector.
make sure you bios is updated to get any USB hardware firmware fixes.
I generally use this one to look for bus errors...
usb bus hanging then windows resets the usb it starts up again.

you might want to move devices to other usb ports and hubs. ie move slow devices to a usb 2.x hub and fast devices to usb 3.x connector.
make sure you bios is updated to get any USB hardware firmware fixes.
I generally use this one to look for bus errors USB Device Tree Viewer (uwe-sieber.de)
german website but tool works fine and can show errors in ports and what is on each port.
on my old machine i found one port was just broken and if i plugged anything into it the whole usb system would reboot every few minutes.
i ended up putting tape over the port and just forgot about the problem.

do be sure to update the bios and any motherboard provided usb drivers.

Solution