Question PC keeps freezing after CPU upgrade

May 6, 2022
1660 TI
B356 Phantom Gaming 4
i5 9400f -> i9 9900k
Didn't have this problem before but ever since I upgraded it freezes for like 8-15 seconds. I didn't make any changes other than my CPU upgrade.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What were you using to cool your processor prior to the upgrade? As for your specs, they are incomplete. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please include the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. As for your motherboard, please include the BIOS version at the time of writing. Ambient room air temps?

May 6, 2022
CPU: i9 9900k upgraded from i5 9400F
Motherboard: B365 Phantom Gaming 4// BIOS Verson 4.20
Ram: Team T-FORCE Vulcan Z 16GB
SSD/HDD: intel ssdpeknw010t9
GPU: 1660 TI
PSU: 500W Bronze PSU// 2 years old
Chassis: H510

And you need to give more details on that "500w bronze" power supply such as the brand and model, doesn't sound sufficient to me. Strong chance power is your problem here if it freezes for 10-15 seconds and recovers.

If it hard locked and didn't recover, I'd be considering potential software problems as well, although they can't be ruled out at this stage.

Note the time it happens and check event viewer to see if software is the issue.

i5 9400f -> i9 9900k
Didn't have this problem before but ever since I upgraded it freezes for like 8-15 seconds. I didn't make any changes other than my CPU upgrade.
What cpu cooler are you using?

Did you reuse Intel stock cooler for i5 on i9?
They have vastly different power consumption ratings.
i9 can consume over 200W alone (over 250W overclocked). Only liquid coolers or high end air coolers are able to cool it properly.