PC Keeps freezing after new install of RAM

Sep 24, 2018
I just put together my new PC I was having trouble with my trident z ram only showing up as (7.93gb usable) so I went back to micro center and got ripjaws v and now my pc keeps randomly freezing or restarting, need help figuring out what RAM is compatible with my motherboard or what I can do to fix this! Thanks!

Specs:
Asus ROG Strix B350-F
16gb ddr4-3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V
AMD ryzen 7 1800x
Sapphire r9 290x vapor-x 4gb
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo LED
Corsair TX850M (850W psu)
(Case if you need to know) Thermaltake view 31

The motherboard does support 3200 MHz RAM with some qualifications.

AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation Processors
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz ECC and non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
** Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/specifications/

It may be necessary to use a lower frequency in this specific motherboard. Try 2666 MHz and work up from there in the BIOS memory settings.

Sep 24, 2018

Welp would you look at that the guy to reply is also a 300zx fan, I love the 300zx I owned a 90 hahaha, but anyways I went ahead and replaced my ram with Corsair Vengeance LPX and so far the computer is running great, but I came back home after a few hours moved my mouse to get my computer out of sleep mode then I got a blue screen of death not really sure whats going on.

Ryzen 7 1800x may not run at 3200MHz without overclocking.

Memory such as Corsair Vengeance runs at a conservative SPD (Serial Presence Detect) speed. You need to set memory parameters in BIOS. You may only get 2666MHz with early Ryzen or 2933MHz with 2000 Series Ryzen. You should know how to set DRAM timings and DRAM voltage for the chosen memory clock speed as getting the system running right is more than plugging in a couple sticks.

I've had three 300ZX's. The last is one is a "96 in pearl white. I bought it new, and it has been garage kept. It still runs great, with very low miles.

But back to the PC. I think you are on the right track. What frequency are you using?

I read an article a while back on RAM for Ryzen. They were looking specifically at 3400 MHz RAM. Many of the systems tested could not reach 3000 MHz. As I recall these were only first generation Ryzen processors. It was worse for systems with all four dimm slots populated.

Sep 24, 2018

I set the memory parameters in BIOS to 2666MHz then in kept giving me blue screen of death the error that came up was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT so now Ive set it too 2166MHz and its running but I think it will crash soon, I'm not sure what to do.

Sep 24, 2018

I am now on 2166 MHz and seeing how this will run, but when I put it on 2666MHz it just constantly gave me BSOD with error message MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I would see how it turns out. You shouldn't need to reduce the frequency that much for the motherboard to be stable. How long have you had the motherboard?

I checked the available BIOS versions for your motherboard. As it turns out there was a new BIOS version released just this week.

Version 4024 2018/09/21

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Sep 24, 2018

Well it gave me BSOD again with a different error but I didn't catch it put my frequency back to auto and we are back up and running, gonna try to update my bios right now and update you guys on how that turns out.

Sep 24, 2018
Well heres the solution or atleast what worked for me, I had been using uncompatible RAM I guess the asus rog strix b350-f was super picky about RAM, I went to bestbuy and they had the correct ram its the corsair vengance lpx and you have to make sure that the model number is: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
I hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem I had!