Question PC keeps freezing and audio glitches whenever I hit the table or the PC softly ?

Mar 28, 2023
So , I've got a pc around 10 years old . For about a year now my PC keeps crashing when I hit the table a bit or put something on the table. The audio glitches and the whole computer freezes , but not blue screening. I checked the drivers and the cables , if they are plugged in correctly and they are , I checked the drivers for errors , nothing. Idk if it's important but my computer components are : Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti ; Driver version 531.41 ; AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor ; 16 GB ram (15.95 GB ram) .

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are several ways to find out.

Task Manager/Performance will have tabs for your drives and the model # will be shown on top of each section.

Device Manager will list your drives.

Disk Manager will have information about the drives.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
So , I've got a pc around 10 years old . For about a year now my PC keeps crashing when I hit the table a bit or put something on the table. The audio glitches and the whole computer freezes , but not blue screening. I checked the drivers and the cables , if they are plugged in correctly and they are , I checked the drivers for errors , nothing. Idk if it's important but my computer components are : Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti ; Driver version 531.41 ; AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor ; 16 GB ram (15.95 GB ram) .
Could be a poor connection on one of the cables. Wiggle the cables to see if you can reproduce the problem.
DaleH

Mar 23, 2023
It sounds like there may be a hardware issue with your PC. When you hit the table or put something on it, the vibrations may be causing a loose connection or a faulty component to malfunction. Given that your PC is around 10 years old, it's possible that some parts may be wearing out.

One thing you could try is opening up your PC and checking that all the components are securely seated in their sockets. You can also check for any obvious signs of damage or wear on the components.

If you're not comfortable opening up your PC, or if you're not able to find any obvious issues, it may be best to take it to a professional for diagnosis and repair. They will be able to use specialized tools and equipment to determine the root cause of the issue and provide a solution.

In terms of upgrading, it may be worth considering investing in a new PC if yours is 10 years old. The components in your PC may not be able to handle newer applications and software, and upgrading individual components may end up costing more than buying a new PC altogether.

Mar 28, 2023
Harisrehman , I will try that but as I said above , I am not very good with components and I don't want to break anything . I will try tapping the components because I can't take it to a professional and I don't have the money to buy new parts.

Thank you for your help!