Question PC keeps freezing and I lose internet

Techques

Commendable
May 15, 2016
My pc is an Asus X540LA laptop. 64 bit operating system. I have Windows 10.

My pc freezes randomly, and I have to shut it down. My internet also goes out, and I usually have to plug the Ethernet cable in or restart it to get the internet back.

I have tried refreshing windows, running anti-virus software, I ran the disk check. Troubleshooter can't find anything. There aren't any exclamation points in
Device Manager.

In Event Viewer, I get these errors:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

TrueKey\McAfeeTrueKeyPasswordFilter failed to load with error 126

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode.

Thanks

Reactions: SAMDOZER
Mar 21, 2019
I have the same laptop ASUS X540LA and I have a similar problem that the laptop suddenly completely freezes and even I can't move the cursor and the can't do anything but to completely turn the device off by holding the power button I saw some reviews also with people having the same problem i think that most of the poeple having this type of laptop have the same problem

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
My pc is an Asus X540LA laptop. 64 bit operating system. I have Windows 10.

My pc freezes randomly, and I have to shut it down. My internet also goes out, and I usually have to plug the Ethernet cable in or restart it to get the internet back.

I have tried refreshing windows, running anti-virus software, I ran the disk check. Troubleshooter can't find anything. There aren't any exclamation points in
Device Manager.

In Event Viewer, I get these errors:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

TrueKey\McAfeeTrueKeyPasswordFilter failed to load with error 126

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode.

Thanks
Try taking it to a service centre ?

Reactions: SAMDOZER