PC keeps freezing, crashing, and booting in EFI Shell Mode.

deltayuri

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Hello. Recently my Pc started being extremely slow and I looked at my task manager and my drive was at 100% with no visible application taking up any hard drive percentage. I tried a few tips online that helped for a bit but then my drive shot back up to 100% a bit later, It crashed maybe once and then my memory started to sky rocket as well but not as severe as the drive. I reset my PC through windows hoping that would fix it but it didn't do much. My computer keeps on booting to EFI mode and in my bios it does not recognize my hard drive. The only way i can get it to boot to windows is reset defaults then boot up again. My computer is freezing a lot after the reset and is crashing a lot more often. My hard drive isn't going to 100% as often but it seems that its still the cause of the crashing. I checked crystal disk info many times and it says my disk is in good status. I don't really know what the problem is. Any suggestions? Also my mouse is changing speeds randomly which gets super annoying. I have pretty decent specs with a gtx 970 and an fx 6300 on windows 10. My motherboard is an msi 970 gaming.

deltayuri

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Well i just tried a complete re installation of windows and the dban did not work. I did research and apparently it common and u have to disable some setting in the bios. I was going to the setting and all of a sudden my bios froze. Mind before that my bios was hitching and the mouse in it was very choppy and took a while to process settings. So it seems like the heard drive is not the issue but it could very well be the motherboard. I also tried 1 stick of ram switching them around and that didn't work.