Question PC keeps freezing in demmanding games

Feb 18, 2022
Hello,
I have recently built a new gaming rig that has been causing a lot of trouble,
Every time I'll get into demmanding games like GTA V, Destiny 2 or Battlefield 1 the PC would freeze completely after a random amount of time,
It could crash 5 minutes in and it could crash 30 minutes in, it is completely random.
I tried to check if its a thermal issue but the PC was fine during synthetic stress tests.
I let it run for around 20 minutes in Aida64 Extreme and i also did some tests in 3Dmark and the PC dealt with them fine.
I tried to check thermals but i havent managed to find anything special, The GPU never went beyond 73 C and CPU never passed 70 (I never heard the system ramp up before it froze).
I tried checking for driver updates and nothing.
I'm honestly starting to loose faith, I have no idea what to do at this point.

My specs:
CPU: i9-12900KF
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Vision
RAM: G.skill DDR5 2x16gb at 5600mhz
PSU: Rog Thor 850w
SSD1: Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVME
SSD2: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB Sata

Feb 18, 2022
Try running Memtest. See if your ram is stable at the stated 5600MHz.
I did that, according to the program it has passed the test with 0 errors.

I have tried to run a game again this time the PC froze, shut off and tried to turn on again but the motherboard was stuck on the "Check CPU" light.

Feb 18, 2022
You can have RAM that is unstable without messing with it and would be considered faulty because of it. Try to up the stability of the RAM to see if that is what is plaguing your system.
Well, I did do the memtest thing the other night and it passed.
Today however, I booted up the PC in the morning and after I got into windows I saw that the RAM’s RGB is not at its set Color. I tried to change it on its program but it didn’t show up. Restarted the pc and it didn’t boot since even after letting all the power out of the system.

TRENDING THREADS