[SOLVED] PC Keeps Freezing/ Restarting

Tophy_

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
I've recently swapped out a lot of parts in my PC. Now, usually during games, it will freeze or, on less frequent occasions, just restart entirely. I've swapped the GPU so I don't think that's actually the issue. But I'm not sure whether it's an issue with my PSU or CPU/ mobo.

Solution
The RAM is 2x16GB of Corsair DDR4 3000 and both they sit in the only two DIMM slots on my board. My CPU sits at 50C idle. And I haven't seen it go past 70 while gaming which is when it freezes. I can sort of duplicate the freezes. If I launch BF5 or CSGO it usually freezes within minutes. Although sometimes it takes hours. And other times, it will just freeze at the desktop. I applied thermal paste about a week ago when I swapped parts and I have no current overclocks on the CPU.

Good info thanks. The Temps don't see too bad. Try with just 1 of the 16GB strips at a time. Your overall performance my be poor, but I'm more interested to see if it freezes or runs. Possibly 1 strip of RAM is acting up? Generic question here, but all...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I've recently swapped out a lot of parts in my PC. Now, usually during games, it will freeze or, on less frequent occasions, just restart entirely. I've swapped the GPU so I don't think that's actually the issue. But I'm not sure whether it's an issue with my PSU or CPU/ mobo.

Type & amount of RAM? Are they in the correct slots? Same brand & speed or mixed? 1 stip or multiple? What are your temps? Can you duplicate the restarts? When was the last time you re-pasted the CPU's heat sink ? No over clocks?

Tophy_

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
Type & amount of RAM? Are they in the correct slots? Same brand & speed or mixed? 1 stip or multiple? What are your temps? Can you duplicate the restarts? When was the last time you re-pasted the CPU's heat sink ? No over clocks?
The RAM is 2x16GB of Corsair DDR4 3000 and both they sit in the only two DIMM slots on my board. My CPU sits at 50C idle. And I haven't seen it go past 70 while gaming which is when it freezes. I can sort of duplicate the freezes. If I launch BF5 or CSGO it usually freezes within minutes. Although sometimes it takes hours. And other times, it will just freeze at the desktop. I applied thermal paste about a week ago when I swapped parts and I have no current overclocks on the CPU.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Good info thanks. The Temps don't see too bad. Try with just 1 of the 16GB strips at a time. Your overall performance my be poor, but I'm more interested to see if it freezes or runs. Possibly 1 strip of RAM is acting up? Generic question here, but all drivers are up to date? Mobo bios is good & stable? Updated?

Whats your GPU?

Solution