Question PC keeps freezing then rebooting when running games! 5700XT

May 23, 2020
Ever since I got the 5700 xt, my computer overheats and is forced to reboot. I run games like COD. At first, everything was working fine for a while. The screen now flicker and sometimes goes green before rebooting. Is this because my CPU is overheating or the PSU isn't strong enough?
Build.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Msi 5700 xt
Cooler: Kraken x52
PSU:Corsair Vseries 650

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Corsair VS is known for issues with higher end GPUs. While 650w is more than enough for a 5700XT, but the PSU has issues with the current draw needed.

You mentioned overheating, however are you actually monitoring seeing that its overheating?

Green screen tells me the GPU is having the issue, it may be heat, it may be the PSU, it may just be defective. You need to get some monitoring software up on screen when it crashes and see what it says. Built into the AMD drivers is monitoring features, you can press Alt-Z for a sidebar or Alt-R for the whole console that you can view while playing.

May 23, 2020
I did that. It isnt the cpu, it is the gpu. I believe you are right. It is overheating. Other games are fine. Its just call of duty modern warfare.

Current temperature for GPU was hitting close to 75
Junction Temp was at 88-90

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I did that. It isnt the cpu, it is the gpu. I believe you are right. It is overheating. Other games are fine. Its just call of duty modern warfare.

Current temperature for GPU was hitting close to 75
Junction Temp was at 88-90

Actually those temps are normal, really good even. I have a RX 5700XT, my Current temp is 87c and junction temp is 110. AMD has said this is acceptable and normal operation.

I don't agree with AMD because my GPU has since become unstable (after 6 months of gaming like that), and is being replaced under warranty. However your temps are well below that, you really should have 0 problems at those temps.

Either the GPU is defective or its your PSU. I would not be surprised if that PSU is having a current issue supplying that GPU.

May 23, 2020
The thing is though that even when I did get 5700 xt put in, it worked fine. Its been almost a week and half that I'm having these problems.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!