Question PC keeps freezing when gaming. no BSOD. sound continues

Dec 2, 2020
Hello. Ive been having this problem for months now. I recently built my new pc last december and the problem is in the title.

Ive tried many things.
-reinstalled OS
-updated all drivers
-tried every version of the gpu driver
-cleaned temp files
-turned off fast start up
-about anything that would help stop the freezing in the internet

I could play for about an hour or so then a symptom of an upcoming freeze would be the pc would stutter then it would then freeze. The music continues on the background and the keyboard seems to be functioning but the screen is locked. I have to hard reset the sysyem. Please if someone can help me. It would be appreciated.

Temps are normal. 50-60 degrees for CPU 60-70 degrees for GPU when gaming

The specs of my pc
CPU - Ryzen 3700x
mobo- msi b550 gaming edge wifi
Gpu - rtx 3060 ti
ram -gskill trident neo 3600
psu- corsair rm750

Dec 2, 2020
All you drivers updated and BIOS?

Have you tried uninstalling the game and re-install the game or is it with any game?

Have you tried to DDU your graphics drivers in Safe Mode and re-install the latest Nvidia drivers?

All drivers updated but I havent tried to update my BIOS. I will try and check if it would still persist.

its with any other game. i primarily game with Valheim, AC odyssey and valhalla. and all of those games freeze.

Yes. I DDU'd my graphics driver in safe mode and reinstalled latest gpu driver. still persists

Dec 2, 2020
All drivers updated but I havent tried to update my BIOS. I will try and check if it would still persist.

its with any other game. i primarily game with Valheim, AC odyssey and valhalla. and all of those games freeze.

Yes. I DDU'd my graphics driver in safe mode and reinstalled latest gpu driver. still persists
All you drivers updated and BIOS?

Have you tried uninstalling the game and re-install the game or is it with any game?

Have you tried to DDU your graphics drivers in Safe Mode and re-install the latest Nvidia drivers?
I updated my bios. still freezes :((

tecmo34

Administrator
Have you gone into Nvidia control panel and change your power management to performance mode to see any luck?

How are you connecting to your monitor, Display Port or HDMI? Have you tried different cables ?

Your PSU should be fine, assuming new and you aren't running the card in a daisy chain with one PCIe cable (this is assuming it requires two versus one).

Dec 2, 2020
Have you gone into Nvidia control panel and change your power management to performance mode to see any luck?

How are you connecting to your monitor, Display Port or HDMI? Have you tried different cables ?

Your PSU should be fine, assuming new and you aren't running the card in a daisy chain with one PCIe cable (this is assuming it requires two versus one).

I couldnt see any power management in the nvidia control panel

I tried connecting with different cables. no changes. it still freezes

Yeah. The PSU is new. But the card only requires one PCIe cable slot.