Question PC Keeps Freezing

Oct 1, 2020
I built my own PC for the first time during the summer of 2018. It was a budget build, but it works for me. Around last year, my PC started to freeze once a week. Specifically, the screen would freeze on whatever I was doing. The PC never formally crashed or anything. It just wouldn't respond to any mouse movements or keyboard commands. The webcam, keyboard, and power button all still lit up. The only thing that worked was rebooting. I'm a lazy person, so I kept doing that instead actually fixing the issue. Over time, it increased to once a day. Always from 4-8, if that's important. But this week, the frequency increased again to once every couple of hours. I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot this problem. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. This will help corelate your text with the specs in hand. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

I'm leaning towards the system having a bad PSU but that will be revealed when you post specs.

Oct 1, 2020
Thank's for letting me know! i tried seeing if my computer just needed a cleaning, so I cleaned out the dust filters, fans, and reapplied thermal paste on the cpu cooler. It still happened today at 10:30 pm.

CPU: r3 2200g
Motherboard: MSI Gaming B350 ATX
Ram: 2x4gb Ballistix Sport LT
SSD/HDD: 1 GB Seagate Barracuda HDD
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3 GB
PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze (B1 100-B1-0500-KR)
Case: NZXT S340

Oct 1, 2020
I have just taken a look at the Event Viewer, and have seen 8 critical errors in the last week, which seems like the number of times this has happened in the last week. All of them have the Event ID 41 with Task Category 63. The source in the Kernel-Power. I hope this helps in finding my issue.