[SOLVED] PC keeps losing connection, buzzing and turning weird colors ?

Jun 27, 2021
So to start, I recently bought my first gaming computer after months of saving. I did all the careful steps to put it together and everything worked fine. A couple days go by and I got my first few games. I played some for a while when after about an hour of game time my pc had a very strange shut down. It basically turned any color you could think off on the monitor, then proceeded to buzz through my headset and after 5 seconds go black from loss of connection. This is still going on every hour or so playing games (gta 5 online particularly). I have done every thing the internet has told me install the latest drivers, cool down the cpu (even though it’s at 37c) and get a new psu (which I have done) Recently I found a video showing me the steps of giving my computer higher performance so I did that and it crashed by computer harder and faster. Sometimes when I over clock or give it high performance from other things it would always crash super fast and make my screen flash green, buzz then shutdown. If ANYONE can help me fix this I would be so great full because you will be saving my pc being chucked out of a 3 story window.

specs

CPU: AMD ryzen 5 2600x
Gpu: Amd rx 580 nitro pulse
Motherboard: Msi b450 tomahawk max. (It actually had an alert led board and everytime it crashes it lights up the cpu light)
Psu: thermaltake smart 700w psu
Case: thermaltake led atx case
Hdd: 2tb barracuda hdd
Ram: 2X8gb gammix duo

Solution
thanks for the reply! I have an Msi 24 inch optix curved monitor. My pc also doesn’t just lose connection on the monitor the system shuts down completely

I used to have the same monitor and I had issues, not the same ones but always some issue with msi, after the monitor startup it was like lines on the screen and the screen was getting very hot, try a different monitor, reinstall windows, since you recently got your pc and all you probably have to do is reinstall your games, also backup your important data, now also check your motherboard for dents, anything that could signify your hardware being damaged, also this is unlikely but you might have a virus and or a shutdown loop in your registry, I doubt thats the case, but try...
Jun 27, 2021
thanks for the reply! I have an Msi 24 inch optix curved monitor. My pc also doesn’t just lose connection on the monitor the system shuts down completely

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

I used to have the same monitor and I had issues, not the same ones but always some issue with msi, after the monitor startup it was like lines on the screen and the screen was getting very hot, try a different monitor, reinstall windows, since you recently got your pc and all you probably have to do is reinstall your games, also backup your important data, now also check your motherboard for dents, anything that could signify your hardware being damaged, also this is unlikely but you might have a virus and or a shutdown loop in your registry, I doubt thats the case, but try everything above.

Solution