[SOLVED] PC Keeps On Freezing While Gaming On Sons Of the Forest

jordyszita

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012
So I am having a problem when playing "Sons Of The Forest". When the new update came out yesterday, March 10th? about 10 mins into the game, my whole computer totally locks up. This was never a problem before this update. So here is what I have done so far.

-Windows (Windows 10) Updates: Done.
-Nvidia Drivers: Done.
-Firmware: Up To date.
-Checked STEAM verify integrity of game files.
-CCleaner: Used clean junk files and Fix registry.

I went into: Computer Management / Windows Logs / System:

I found this Yellow sign: Source DistributedCOM Event ID 10016
I also found a Red sign: Source Service Control Manager Event ID 7034

I tired and did what this guy said on youtube:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oNBd4jyz18

PC Spec:

CPU: i7-6700K at 4.5 Ghz
RAM: 32GB DD4 at 2.3 Ghz
MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M7
GPU: Nivida 3070TI 8GB
PSU: Seasonic: 1200W GOLD
Heatsink (new past 5 months) liquid cooling dual.

So I am in a bit of lost at this point.

Solution
"The ones that show up 90% of the time is MSI.ActiveX_Service, the the other two is G-Hub & Razer Synapse Service. "

Try to eliminate corrupt and/or buggy software.

G-Hub, etc...

Stop or disable as necessary to determine if the problems end or change.

Then manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure as necessary.

No third party tools or installers.

Ralston18

Titan
"The ones that show up 90% of the time is MSI.ActiveX_Service, the the other two is G-Hub & Razer Synapse Service. "

G-Hub, etc...

Solution

jordyszita

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012
Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Hopefully just some minor file corruption caused by the update.

Sorry for the late reply. Work life....I did the following steps and at first it seem to work because pass two days no problems. I ran it, in Windows 8 compatibility mode which seemed to work. Now today It did it again, in the game BUT now I only got it once, it locked up in just booting up and got the warning again. DistributedCOM //// Event ID 10016. I got a feeling, I would have to do a reinstall of the OS?

Ralston18

Titan
Why Windows 8 compatibility mode?

Are you running an earlier/older version of Sons of Forest?

The update may have dropped or otherwise made changes where Windows 8 will no longer reliably work.

DCOM:

Google the Event ID 10016 and filter the search to just the last year or so.

Read a few of the resulting links to learn more about the Event ID and possible causes.

Do the same for 7034 - look for what is common to both errors with respect to your system/build.

Likely there will be any number of programs, utilities, etc. showing up and claiming that they will fix the problem. Some of them will show up no matter what error code/problem you are researching.

See what you can learn but do not immediately start trying "fixes", installing utilities, etc.. And do stay out of the registry. Registry editing is a last resort.

If possible take a screen shot of Reliability History (Weeks). Expand so all can be seen, take the screenshot, and post the screenshot here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Any pattern? Not working, then seemed fixed after following steps, now not working again.

jordyszita

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012
Why Windows 8 compatibility mode?

Are you running an earlier/older version of Sons of Forest?

The update may have dropped or otherwise made changes where Windows 8 will no longer reliably work.

DCOM:

Google the Event ID 10016 and filter the search to just the last year or so.

Read a few of the resulting links to learn more about the Event ID and possible causes.

Do the same for 7034 - look for what is common to both errors with respect to your system/build.

Likely there will be any number of programs, utilities, etc. showing up and claiming that they will fix the problem. Some of them will show up no matter what error code/problem you are researching.

See what you can learn but do not immediately start trying "fixes", installing utilities, etc.. And do stay out of the registry. Registry editing is a last resort.

If possible take a screen shot of Reliability History (Weeks). Expand so all can be seen, take the screenshot, and post the screenshot here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Any pattern? Not working, then seemed fixed after following steps, now not working again.

I was trying long shoot ideas to make the game work with Windows 8 mode. It seems to run better and less problems but still get the game locking up time to time, Now it's random. Use to be every 10-15 mins. Now it can be 20 mins or few times I did 8 hours on my days off I was playing with no problems. I have everything up to date, on Windows, the game, and all my drivers aka, CPU, GPU, MB.

View: https://imgur.com/a/U7igfkJ

I will look at the 7034 and again, thank you so much for helping me and taking the time. Truly thank you.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What are those red error codes being shown in Reliability History over the last 5 columns.

Image is too small to read even if enlarged via the magnifying glass.

Are you able to repost that screenshot as a separate item?

Take a look in Update History for any failed or problems updates just before the errors appear.

If no failed or problem updates look for any updates that occurred without problems just before the errors began.

jordyszita

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012
What are those red error codes being shown in Reliability History over the last 5 columns.

Image is too small to read even if enlarged via the magnifying glass.

Are you able to repost that screenshot as a separate item?

Take a look in Update History for any failed or problems updates just before the errors appear.

If no failed or problem updates look for any updates that occurred without problems just before the errors began.

The ones that show up 90% of the time is MSI.ActiveX_Service, the the other two is G-Hub & Razer Synapse Service. The new Error I got was event ID 10000.

View: https://imgur.com/a/fd7LX2v

jordyszita

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012

G-Hub, etc...

It seems to work alot better now. I removed everything I could fine from MSI software, and Intel ME extra software. Once I did that. PC runs even better, and frames are better too. Smoother booting up the game now too now. Thank you for taking the time to helping me out and guiding me in the direction I need to see. Learn alot from this and thank you once again.