[SOLVED] pc keeps on rebooting/restarting while playing games

Jun 22, 2020
So 8 months ago i bought a new pre-built gaming pc. Since it came it kept on rebooting/freezing/bluescreening while doing nothing. I fixed that thing but now it just does these errors in games. For example if i want to play Raimbow Six Siege, it may or may not reboot/freeze. Me and a friend came to the conclusion that it might be my GPU. The temp is in average 80 degrees and in furmark it was like 87.
My other hardware:
cpu-i7 8700
motherboard- gigabyte h310m 2.0
memory- 16 gb ram 2400 mhz
psu- 600w (idk the manufacturer)
storage: 240 gb ssd and 1tb hdd.
GPU-rtx 2060 (idk the manufacturer)

Solution
My idea is the mobo VRM not standing the 8700. Lower power consumption (remove OC if any and turn Turbo-Boost and MCE off). 8700 is a fat chip and it needs a good VRM. If that does not help, get a better motherboard.

Also post the PSU sticker with Amp ratings.
My idea is the mobo VRM not standing the 8700. Lower power consumption (remove OC if any and turn Turbo-Boost and MCE off). 8700 is a fat chip and it needs a good VRM. If that does not help, get a better motherboard.

Solution
Jun 22, 2020

i don't understand many things you told me there like the amp ratings or how to turn the turbo boost and mce off. I don't have OC and i already lowered the power consumption

i don't understand many things you told me there like the amp ratings or how to turn the turbo boost and mce off. I don't have OC and i already lowered the power consumption
“Intel Turbo Boost“ and “Multi-Core Enhancement” are options that can usually be triggered in CPU settings in BIOS. You need to open up the motherboard manual to see where they are in your BIOS

Reactions: chriscbm
Jun 22, 2020

ty this fixed my pc for now.

Jun 22, 2020
If it did, unless you are OK with the performance, look for another motherboard - those options are significantly limiting your CPU performance. In other words, it might do considerably better on a Z370/Z390 chipset with a good VRM.
i was thinking about getting a z390 for my birthday. I will see how my pc does in games tho

TRENDING THREADS