Dec 2, 2019
Hi,

It's just been 1 month since I bought my pc.
It was for budget gaming and was running really good, but from the past week I'm seeing my pc keeps on restarting whenever I try to play pc games. If it's an AAA title straight after loading and if it's an Esports title then 5-8 minutes of gameplay.

I reinstalled windows both 8.1 and 10, still same issue.
I cleaned my CPU still same issue
Disconnected and reconnected all the CPU components still the same.

Atlast I connected my ups directly to the wall socket after that I didn't experience any restart even in AAA titles.
I reconnected the surge protector and played a game then pc is restarting....

I need help.

Is there any problem with my CPU which is making the surge protector cuts the power????

Shall I continue using my pc without a surge protector ??

My spec is below mentioned
i5 9400f
Gigabyte B360M motherboard
MSI Nvidia Gtx 1650 ventus xs oc edition
Seagate 1 tb HDD
16 gb ddr4 Kingston hyper x 2400 MHz single stick
Gigabyte 120 gb ssd
Cooler master MWE 550w SMPS

Ups - APC 1100VA BX 1100C
Surge protector - Belkin 3 socket surge protector.

Thank you..

Dec 2, 2019
Hi,

It was for budget gaming and was running really good, but from the past week I'm seeing my pc keeps on restarting whenever I try to play pc games. If it's an AAA title straight after loading and if it's an Esports title then 5-8 minutes of gameplay.

Atlast I connected my ups directly to the wall socket after that I didn't experience any restart even in AAA titles.

I need help.

Is there any problem with my CPU which is making the surge protector cuts the power????

i5 9400f
Seagate 1 tb HDD
Gigabyte 120 gb ssd

Thank you..
Sounds like you have a failing surge protector, they are only good for about 3 years but your UPS is a surge protector and battery backup so you dont need an additional surge protector...Nice system!

Thank you,
I was actually confused about whether my ups is surge protected or not...

He's right. Line Interactive UPSs are both AVR's and surge protectors as well as UPS's. You should plug directly into the UPS with the UPS plugged directly into the wall.

And if it's working with the UPS plugged directly into the wall, don't worry about it. I only mention it because some PSUs have issues with non-pure-sine UPSs. But it's one of those "works or it doesn't" kind of things.

Dec 2, 2019
Hi,

I need help.

i5 9400f
Seagate 1 tb HDD
Gigabyte 120 gb ssd

Thank you..
Heyy Update to this one,

I plugged my UPS directly to the wall socket and it was working fine. But the next day after 15 - 20 minutes of gameplay in Mafia 3 (high settings), the system restarted again. I played Pubg lite in ultra settings for 20-30 minutes but didn't find any restart.

Even if I play COD 4 MW remastered edition, COD Infinite War and DBC cricket 17 also I'm facing the same issue. Other titles I didn't check..

Is really my PSU is having trouble??????

Dec 2, 2019
Hey Update again

I took my CPU to the shop where I assembled my PC, they take a look and they decided that my graphics card was the one who created the problem so I gave my card to them to be replaced and I put a 1050ti in my CPU and found the system is restarting again. So it was not my GPU so after further testing the it was running without no issues with my card re entered again

So I took it back to my home and I ran mafia 3 for more than 3 hours with full high settings and 1080p resolution and it was working very much perfect.

So I thought the problem might have gone so I used a disc which i got with my gigabyte b3610 mother board to install the softwares. (Im not sure whether they are useful or not)

Soon after some time of installation I heard a small noise from my disc drive and my pc restarted.

The things I did after that

I disconnected the disc drive and ran my pc it still restarts.
I disconnected the ssd and tried to install windows in my hdd, it restarts
I disconnected my hdd and i tried to run in ssd. Still restarts.

In between somehow my pc become quite stable and i formatted my C drive and tried to install windows in ssd and at 35℅ again it restarted.

Im not sure how to fix it ......

Dec 2, 2019
Heyy with the above spec of my pc can anyone suggest a good PSU.

i5 9400f
Seagate 1 tb HDD
Gigabyte 120 gb ssd