PC Keeps powering on After shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pestindahouse

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
I am currently expericencing problems with shutting down my PC. I have an ASUS Motherboard (h81m Plus to be precise) and it keeps powering on after i shutdown the pc in windows.
Cpu is i7 4790K. Psu is Corsair CX600M (No, it's not the psu, i've tested my pc with a spare Thermaltake one).

Things i've done: WOL disabled, Latest drivers,Replaced PSU,Updated BIOS (Even downgraded it from 2205 to 2110)
Things i haven't done: Cleared CMOS

I heared Asus motherboards are prone to restarting problems, would CMOS Clearance help? other suggestions? Please :)

Solution
Try going into the bios and find the power settings, if it's set to "power on after power loss" set that to off or disabled whatever it says. It sounds like it's powering back on because it's considering you turning it off as "power loss" I don't know why it is doing that but please try and let me know if this works

ExtremelyGeeky

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Try going into the bios and find the power settings, if it's set to "power on after power loss" set that to off or disabled whatever it says. It sounds like it's powering back on because it's considering you turning it off as "power loss" I don't know why it is doing that but please try and let me know if this works

Solution

Pestindahouse

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013

I have done that yesterday. Clearing CMOS worked. :) Thank you. I will select your answer as the Solution, everybody shall see this. Contains most solutions to the problem :)

Reactions: Yovaraj
Status
Not open for further replies.