[SOLVED] Pc keeps rebooting after changing a lot of components

Jul 25, 2019
This thing is driving me crazy!
Pc was restarting when gaming so i changed the PSU the problem was gone for a while but then came back. Then i changed the MoBo and CPU and it worked again for a period and the crashes returned but worst sometimes it would crash when loading windows and certain games. After consulting with a local pc service ive sent the MoBo back to the store under guarantee and got it today back with the same problem.. pc restarts when loading a game. I tried another GPU and other RAM sticks and it didnt help ive done all the stress tests, memtest really everything.

Solution
Can test the pc by connecting two power cables to the gpu,see if that helps. Means not using one cable with two connectors,but two cables just the first connector.

Other thing,are you able to test with another gpu/ might as well be the cause.
Jul 25, 2019
This thing is driving me crazy!
Pc was restarting when gaming so i changed the PSU the problem was gone for a while but then came back. Then i changed the MoBo and CPU and it worked again for a period and the crashes returned but worst sometimes it would crash when loading windows and certain games. After consulting with a local pc service ive sent the MoBo back to the store under guarantee and got it today back with the same problem.. pc restarts when loading a game. I tried another GPU and other RAM sticks and it didnt help ive done all the stress tests, memtest really everything.
PC SPECS:
MoBo: Asus rog strix b 450f
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: gtx 980
RAM: hyperx 8gb ddr4

PSU: Argus Rgb 750w gold80+ (i heard only bad things about this brand but the psu is new could it still be a problem even if new?)

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
When a crash occurs write down the current time of day, reboot and open event viewer, look under Windows Logs, then look under System and maybe Application as well, see if anything stands out in there

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can test the pc by connecting two power cables to the gpu,see if that helps. Means not using one cable with two connectors,but two cables just the first connector.

Other thing,are you able to test with another gpu/ might as well be the cause.

Solution