PC keeps rebooting - PC off

usaken

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Hi
I have a Vizio Desktop all-in-one CA 24. It worked great for years until I upgraded to a 240GB SSD. Now when I turn it on 9 out of 10 times, the screen displays "PC off" in the upper right corner. I tried putting back the old HD, but the same thing happens. It will not boot far enough so I can get into the BIOS. But on the 10th time I turn it on, it boots into Windows 10 and works fine until I turn it off at the end of the day. Any suggestions? I've re-seated the RAM, SSD, and other cables, to no avail. Any idea how to figure this out is greatly appreciated.

-Ken-

Solution
Can you pass on the specific model number? What version of Windows did it ship with, 7/8? I'm assuming 8. In either case, the hardware change is what's causing the issue if you upgraded your OS to Windows 10 and then deiced to add in the SSD while you were on Windows 10. Did you update your BIOS and install the latest graphical and chipset drivers?

If the answer to all the above is no, then try and perform a repair install once you've booted into desktop without complications. I'd also suggest creating a bootable USB installer and also backing up your critical data onto an external storage device in case you will need to perform a reinstall.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on the specific model number? What version of Windows did it ship with, 7/8? I'm assuming 8. In either case, the hardware change is what's causing the issue if you upgraded your OS to Windows 10 and then deiced to add in the SSD while you were on Windows 10. Did you update your BIOS and install the latest graphical and chipset drivers?

If the answer to all the above is no, then try and perform a repair install once you've booted into desktop without complications. I'd also suggest creating a bootable USB installer and also backing up your critical data onto an external storage device in case you will need to perform a reinstall.

Solution