Question PC keeps rebooting when running certain games and programs

Alex.D1

Prominent
Dec 6, 2020
My pc reboots within 5 minutes when I run the witcher 3 or the heaven benchmark. I'm sure it will do it with more as I start to play more, but I haven't gotten around to doing that. When I say reboot I mean my screen goes black for less than a second and immediately it is loading windows. I can't find what is wrong with it. I did just recently rebuild my pc and I swapped everything out except for my gpu. I know it isn't thermals because my cpu doesn't even reach into the 50s and under full load my gpu stays in the high 50s other than the junction temp which gets into the low 80s (which about right for an rx 5700 xt seeing as they can go up to 110 and be alright). I also know it isn't my ram because I have ran a bunch of tests and even swapped out my set with my brother's set which work fine and it still crashed. I have triple checked wiring to make sure everything was good. I have been looking into this for weeks so I decided to even buy a new psu and they both reboot at exactly the same time. If anyone has any advise I would appreciate it.

popatim

Titan
Often a system upgrade like that requires a reinstall of windows to work correctly, if you just carried over your old windows install too, but you can try installing your new motherbd's drivers from their support website and see if that helps.

Alex.D1

Prominent
Dec 6, 2020
Often a system upgrade like that requires a reinstall of windows to work correctly, if you just carried over your old windows install too, but you can try installing your new motherbd's drivers from their support website and see if that helps.
I did that when I rebuilt it.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
My pc reboots within 5 minutes when I run the witcher 3 or the heaven benchmark. I'm sure it will do it with more as I start to play more, but I haven't gotten around to doing that. When I say reboot I mean my screen goes black for less than a second and immediately it is loading windows. I can't find what is wrong with it. I did just recently rebuild my pc and I swapped everything out except for my gpu. I know it isn't thermals because my cpu doesn't even reach into the 50s and under full load my gpu stays in the high 50s other than the junction temp which gets into the low 80s (which about right for an rx 5700 xt seeing as they can go up to 110 and be alright). I also know it isn't my ram because I have ran a bunch of tests and even swapped out my set with my brother's set which work fine and it still crashed. I have triple checked wiring to make sure everything was good. I have been looking into this for weeks so I decided to even buy a new psu and they both reboot at exactly the same time. If anyone has any advise I would appreciate it.
Check the thermals with rivatuner during the gameplay. If you check it afterwards, it may cool down when you check it. Also, how much FPs do you get?