Pc keeps restart after enabling ultra fast boot

Quanthir

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
Hello,

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 motherboard. I updated the bios to UEFI version some time ago. Today I tried to enable ultra fast boot option on BIOS. The OS opened perfectly after that. But left home for 2 hours. When I came back the PC was in sleep mode. So I press some keys on keyboard and PC started but there wasn't anything on screen. I waited some time but nothing happened. So I pressed the reset button on chasis.

Now PC keeps restarting constantly. Sometimes I can see the BIOS splash screen, after that a blue screen shows up says "Gigabyte - DualBios" on the top of the screen (I think it is backup bios) But before any BIOS option shows up, the PC restarts again.

What I tried

• ■ I tried to clear CMOS settings using jumper on motherboard.
    ■ Tried to clear CMOS settings removing battery for 30 mins.
    ■ Removed all RAM sticks and tried to power on. There was beep sound from the Speaker the one that alerts there is no RAM.
    ■ Removed CPU checked pins. tried to power on without CPU. Reinstalled CPU and Fan.
    ■ Completely removed the motherboard from chasis.
    ■ I read in this forum from some other thread about forcing dualbios (power off from PSU, While pressing power button, power from PSU, then when MB starts immediately release power button and close from PSU. at last start normaly.)

My PC Specs:

• ■ Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 (Rev 2.0) Motherboard (bought 1 month ago)
    ■ Intel i7-2600 CPU
    ■ 3x Samsung 4GB 12800U RAM (bought 1 month ago)
    ■ Asus GTX750 ti O.C. GPU (bought 1 month ago)
    ■ 32GB Samsung MSATA
    ■ 1.5TB WD Green HDD (bought 1 month ago)
    ■ 500W Thermaltake PSU (bought 1 month ago)

Now I am very desperate. I tried everything that comes to my mind. I had some works that needed to be done for Monday.

Is there anything that I can try? I would be very happy if you help me.

Thank you.
Regards.

Solution
Double check all the connections from the power supply, actually unplug them and plug them back in and try again.
Remove the video card, memory, and unplug all the drives, reset CMOS, install one stick of memory, plug your monitor into the back of the motherboard, cut PC on and see if you can get into BIOS. Report back.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Double check all the connections from the power supply, actually unplug them and plug them back in and try again.
Remove the video card, memory, and unplug all the drives, reset CMOS, install one stick of memory, plug your monitor into the back of the motherboard, cut PC on and see if you can get into BIOS. Report back.

Solution

Quanthir

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.

• ■ I checked all connections.
    ■ I replugged them twice.
    ■ I removed all external cards, also RAMS. tried every stick one at a time.
    ■ I read something for another Z68 chipset motherboard. So I left it to keep restarting for more than one hour.
    ■ There is no VGA port on onboard GPU. Only HDMI. So I pluged HDMI cable. Other than PSU connections, only PS2 Keyboard is connected.

Come to think of it Maybe I could not clear the CMOS settings? I removed the CMOS battery and done a shortcut between negative and positive points of the battery hole for a minute (maybe more than one minute. not sure) If I remove the battery for 1 hour or so does it help to clear CMOS? Because after some research alot of Gigabyte mobo users had this problem with their mobos and changed to ASUS. the problem is it's hard to find LGA1155 mobos in Turkey. This was the best mobo that I could find.

faslanetech

Honorable
Aug 23, 2017
I know this is an old post but I'm answering just for general knowledge, but when you remove the battery yes if you leave it out long enough that can reset the CMOS but generally you want to short the proper CMOS pins on the motherboard, every motherboard a has a CMOS pin somewhere that you need to short with a screwdriver or with an actual jumper for a few seconds in order to clear the CMOS. I would definitely not be poking around the Battery area with a screwdriver or other tool, that is not how you reset the CMOS and you could very easily damaged something on the motherboard. Google you're motherboard or look it up in the manual for your motherboard if you are unsure where the CMOS jumper set of pins are located.