[SOLVED] PC keeps restarting after installed new ram.

Dec 15, 2018
Privjet nuggets,

So I upgraded my PC with a new set of ram sticks and after that the problem appeared.

Here is my current set up:

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X470 PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3000mhz (2x8GB)
Storage: Seagate Expansion drive 1TB HDD + Intel 760p 240gb
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 gaming Z
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Case: Bitfenix Enso
PSU: Be Quiet pure power 11 600w

So my problem is when I boot my PC all the leds turn on and then they turn immediately off after a couple of seconds and that happens for a couple of times in a row, then it goes into safe mode so I have to enter my motherboard bios and just exit and save it again and after that it will start properly but, my ram is then clocked at 2133mhz instead of 3000mhz. And if I reboot my PC it starts all over again.

Solution
I'm going to guess that your RAM is not on the supported list. Do you have the exact part number of the RAM? The same thing happened to me. I got some Corsair Vengeance because I had used it before in a Ryzen build and it worked perfectly. Ends up the RAM I got was 1 letter off from the supported part number. If I ran it all full speed (2800, as I recall) the computer would blue screen after 10 minutes. If I run it at 2133 then it works perfectly. Sucks.
I'm going to guess that your RAM is not on the supported list. Do you have the exact part number of the RAM? The same thing happened to me. I got some Corsair Vengeance because I had used it before in a Ryzen build and it worked perfectly. Ends up the RAM I got was 1 letter off from the supported part number. If I ran it all full speed (2800, as I recall) the computer would blue screen after 10 minutes. If I run it at 2133 then it works perfectly. Sucks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS