Pc keeps restarting after the bios screen

1907sk

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hello everybody!

I have a problem with my pc here, hope you guys can help me out.

Yesterday, I have changed my standard cooler for an after market cooler. My pc keeps rebooting now after the bios screen.
These are the things I already have tried:
- I have resetted the cmos.
- I have also tried to start the pc with only 1 ram and the cpu. It was still rebooting after the bios screen.
- I have also pulled all of the cables out of the motherboard and put them in again.

Before that, I dropped my cpu by accident, while trying to clean the remaining thermal paste on the cpu. I don't know if that is the case of my problem? The cpu itself looks like it is fine.

My specs:
motherboard: sus p5qpl-am
Psu: stock psu 300 watt
cpu: intel celeron e3300, 2.5 ghz
Cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212 plus
Ram: 2x, Buffalo 1gb, pc2-6400

Thank you.

And sorry for my bad english :)

1907sk

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
yes, I have connected the 212 fan to the motherboard and it is working properly. The piezo motherboard speaker is installed too and there are no beep codes coming out of the speakers.

1907sk

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I have also tried to boot from a windows dvd. At first I have connected the DVD drive to the PC I have also changed the boot priority number one to CD ROM. When starting the system, this shows up after the bios screen: 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.'

The interesting thing is that when I put the hard drive on priority 1, it shows the same message on the screen. I have also tried to start it, without the hard drive was connected and that it showed the same message again.

1907sk

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

The old cooler did came off pretty easy exactly. I had no problems at all by removing it.