Question PC keeps restarting itself

Feb 25, 2021
Hi guys, before anything I thank you for your time spent on reading this, now on to my problem (it's a long story):

So, I have a computer that keeps restarting itself. It all started one day when my gf shutted down the computer and went to sleep. Everything was fine. Next morning when she tried to turn it on, the computer seemed to turn on fine, except that the screen was not receiving signal. I clearly thought "hmmm that sounds like a RAM problem". I tried with a totally new stick on all the different slots but it got worse, now the computer restarted itself everytime, and I don't even knew if it was passing the BIOS screen because the monitor received no signal. I cleared the CMOS, removed the video card, changed the power supply, I even delivered the motherboard to Gigabyte's official service and they said it was all good. The only thing left that I didn't tested is the CPU, an Intel I5-7500.

I took the motherboard, ram and cpu from my gf's house and tried them in my home (with my screen, hard drive and power supply) and it seems that I can access the BIOS without problem, but at the time of Windows loading screen, it restarts itself eternally. If I shut it down (by keeping the button pressed) it turns on again by itself!

Anyways, I don't know what to do next, I could borrow a cpu from a friend to test, but I want to make sure mine is completely dead before that. Please help!

Summarizing, here are the things that I've tested so far:
-New RAM on all different slots.
-New power supply.
-Removing the video card.
-New hard drive.
-Taking the motherboard to tech service.
-Clearing CMOS.
-Hiren's boot CD 15.2: Memtest86+ (everything ok). I even runned a tiny linux based operating system that I don't remember its name now and it seemed to work.

And these are my computer specs:
-CPU: Intel I5-7500
-Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-H DDR4 LGA1151
-RAM: Some of 4GB, I don't remember the frequency.
-Power supply: Tried with everything I guess. The latest one was a Sentey of 625W I think.

Thank you so much for reading, and thanks in advance for the advices! Have a great day!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021
I'm afraid I can't download any drivers. I've tried with at least 3 different power supplies. Still thank you for your answer! I'll later try with another cpu and post the results here.

sonofjesse

Distinguished

Tier list was created to help you with that.

I use the EVGA P2's or the HXI's 750 watt or greater in all my builds and friends when budget allows.