Question PC keeps restarting/shutting down (fans stay on) with various psus even in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

aratherpurpleleo

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
Hi All,

I've been really struggling to resolve this issue and would really appreciate some help, basically, after upgrading my ram to a new 4x8 kit (from 1x8) and starting to play cyberpunk and borderlands 3, my pc started crashing where the monitor goes black, audio glitches occur (depending on if I was listening to anything) then the pc just stays like that with the fans running and leds on until I restart the machine, here's some fixes I've tried:

-Tried putting the old ram back in, the issue still occurs no matter what slot I put it in. Also ran a memtest on the new ram which it passed

-Upgraded my power supply from my corsair vs650 to a rm750, this made the issue WAY worse, it would barely get into windows and even crash in the bios.

-With the new psu I tried having no drives or usb devices and only 1 stick of ram in the computer and managed to get it to repeat the error even in the bios, this leads me to think its not windows or a driver causing the issue

-Tried a different wall socket and that didn't help (plugged directly into the wall rather than an extension lead that I normally use)

-CPU temps are fine, same for the gpu etc its all been cleaned extensively and all the fans work

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2700x

Mobo: x470 msi gaming pro

GPU: Red devil 5700xt

Ram: Corsair 1x8 vengeance or 4x8 vengeance rgb

PSU: Corsair VS650 or Corsair RM750

SSDS: 2xSamsung 860s

Any ideas what it could be? I'm thinking it must be either the motherboard or the cpu however I'd like to see what you guys think first before spending any more money on this, any help would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.