Question PC keeps restarting with no error message after adding 2 new sticks of the same RAM and having worked fine for one evening

May 22, 2023
Hey, I upgraded my 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz C18 RAM Setup yesterday, with an additional two sticks of that exact RAM. I started my PC with default settings and it all worked fine for about five hours, then I went to sleep and when trying to start my PC the next morning it booted slower and after about 3min of uptime it black screened on me and restarted in Recovery mode. Now I've been trying several things such as going back to my old RAM Setup with 2x8, restoring an old Windows save, removed the CMOS, restarting in Safe mode, enabling an XMP, updating the BIOS, but it always ends up black screening/restarting.
I then followed the pinned XMP/Overclocking guide in the memory forum and started my PC with only one RAM stick at a time in A2 at default settings (2133MHz, auto DRAM voltage which was ~1.22V ) and then the same procedure in B2 but yet again I got max. 10min of uptime. I then messed around with the DRAM voltage as said in the guide and highered the voltage in small increments (always with only 1 stick) up to 1.4V but after approx. 19min it shut down again.
What is crazy to me is how I used the default RAM settings for 2 years just fine, installed 2 new matching RAM sticks at default settings and it working fine for one evening and then the next day it just stops working?

System information:
-MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
-RTX3080Fe
-Ryzen 5800X
-Noctua DH15
-Cooler Master 850W 80+Gold Rated MWE PSU

Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time :)

May 22, 2023
UPDATE:
Tried starting games to check whether it would crash faster, but unexpectedly it now stays on for about an hour as long as I am in game. I'm still on a single stick in the B2 seat with default settings. Now I'm completely clueless as to what the problem might be. When I just open my browser it crashed after about 10mins but when I have a game open it runs for an hour? How is that happening?

Update 2:
I remembered one thing that might also be relevant. In order to seat my new RAM sticks I had to unplug the two 8-pin power connectors of my RTX3080Fe. Could it be possible that somehow created the problem?

Update 3:
I reset my PC but that didn't change anything as expected. The way it crashes and restarts seems like it loses power for a split second and then starts again but I checked all the connections so I'm not sure. Is my PSU maybe faulty? How would I check for that?
Hey, I upgraded my 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz C18 RAM Setup yesterday, with an additional two sticks of that exact RAM. I started my PC with default settings and it all worked fine for about five hours, then I went to sleep and when trying to start my PC the next morning it booted slower and after about 3min of uptime it black screened on me and restarted in Recovery mode. Now I've been trying several things such as going back to my old RAM Setup with 2x8, restoring an old Windows save, removed the CMOS, restarting in Safe mode, enabling an XMP, updating the BIOS, but it always ends up black screening/restarting.
I then followed the pinned XMP/Overclocking guide in the memory forum and started my PC with only one RAM stick at a time in A2 at default settings (2133MHz, auto DRAM voltage which was ~1.22V ) and then the same procedure in B2 but yet again I got max. 10min of uptime. I then messed around with the DRAM voltage as said in the guide and highered the voltage in small increments (always with only 1 stick) up to 1.4V but after approx. 19min it shut down again.
What is crazy to me is how I used the default RAM settings for 2 years just fine, installed 2 new matching RAM sticks at default settings and it working fine for one evening and then the next day it just stops working?

System information:
-MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
-RTX3080Fe
-Ryzen 5800X
-Noctua DH15
-Cooler Master 850W 80+Gold Rated MWE PSU

Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time :)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS