Pc keeps restarting

Lourens_1

Honorable
May 6, 2016
Yesterday I was using my pc when all of a sudden my pc froze. Unable to do anything (pressing keys , moving mouse ect. ) I restarted my pc.

My pc now does this weird thing where it starts and then switches of and then starts again (every like 5 sec), while showing nothing on the display (black screen)

I have tried

-unplugging everything
-disconnecting each component (gpu and ram) except the cpu
-testing both the gpu and motherboard display port.

With no results.

The odd thing is that sometimes everything would run constantly meaning the gpu/cpu lights and fans would work without restarting) but there would still be no display.

I asume its maby a short in the motherboard , but I dont want to replace parts without reason.

Solution
Sounds like it might be the PSU; if you have access to another PSU that is known to work, it may be worth swapping PSU's for boot testing purposes. You can also try clearing the BIOS settings by changing the pin position of the CMOS jumper or removing and reinserting the CMOS battery (it's best practice to leave the CMOS battery out for a minimum of 5 minutes to allow the residual power in the capacitors to drain).

Wes006

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
Sounds like it might be the PSU; if you have access to another PSU that is known to work, it may be worth swapping PSU's for boot testing purposes. You can also try clearing the BIOS settings by changing the pin position of the CMOS jumper or removing and reinserting the CMOS battery (it's best practice to leave the CMOS battery out for a minimum of 5 minutes to allow the residual power in the capacitors to drain).

Solution