carlsden

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

I built a PC in 2020. I will include the specs below. The main purpose of it was for streaming youtube content.
The issue i had about 8 months back was that the PC would turn on fine, but after about 5 mins, it would automatically restart. I tried to disable automatic restart, but it would still continue to do it. About a month ago, it started restarting every 20 seconds with no display.

Things I have tried so far: -
  • Removed, cleaned and reinserted RAM.
  • Removed cleaned and reinserted GPU .
  • Tried turning on the motherboard without GPU and RAM.

NONE of the above have worked. It still only starts for 10 seconds and then turns off without any display.
Any help appreciated pls. Thanks.

Motherboard - ASRock ATX Motherboard (B450 PRO4)
PSU - Corsair RM550x - Fully Modular 80+ Gold
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor
GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 OC Edition 6 GB GDDR5
RAM - Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4B 3200 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 16GB
SSD - Crucial P1 1 TB CT1000P1SSD8 Internal Solid State Drive-up to 2000 MB/s
CASE - Corsair SPEC-DELTA Carbide Series, RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qfU9Uc6FNT4

Last edited:
the system won´t work without a GPU, the video output connections of the motherboard are not usable with the 3600 CPU

which power supply are you using?

only use minimum setup
only motherboard, PSU, CPU with cooler, GPU with power connected, monitor connected to the GPU
and try getting into the BIOS

which PSU are you using?

Sep 22, 2023
The B450M Pro4 R2.0 motherboard is compatible with Ryzen 5 3600. However, you need to check the BIOS version that's been installed before buying as the 3600 requires BIOS Ver.# 3.30.

carlsden

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
the system won´t work without a GPU, the video output connections of the motherboard are not usable with the 3600 CPU

which power supply are you using?

only use minimum setup
only motherboard, PSU, CPU with cooler, GPU with power connected, monitor connected to the GPU
and try getting into the BIOS

which PSU are you using?
thanks for the reply, I am using PSU - Corsair RM550x - Fully Modular 80+ Gold

What are you using for your CPU cooler? It's been 3 years since your build, you might try removing your CPU cooler, clean and reapply thermal paste, and reinstalling the cooler. It certainly can't hurt, if done properly.

Have you tried getting into the BIOS when it restarts? Typically, by spamming the delete key when it starts to reboot.