Question PC keeps shutting down and restarting

Apr 29, 2021
My PC keeps turning off and rebooting, it will be fine for a few minutes then without warning it will turn off and reboot. I've tried replacing the cpu, ram, and psu, all that's left that I haven't change is the gpu and the motherboard. I have tried booting it without the gpu but there is no display with integrated graphics.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Cpu: intel i5-7400
cooler: intel stock cooler
Motherboard: MSI H110m Pro-d
Ram: 1x8gb team group elite+ 2133 ddr4
PSU: Corsair VS550
GPU Palit gtx 1050
SSD:Kingston sa400s37 480gb

Also note: I also caught on video the ez debug led cpu to light up for a second on my motherboard before my PC shuts off that's why I thought of changing the cpu first. I don't know if it lights up every time it shuts off tho.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021
Is that the CPU? Is that at idle or at load? 71c at idle is kinda high. You really want to try to see the temps when it crashes. If that is the CPU temp when it crashes then it's probably not the cause. What about the GPU?
Yep that was the CPU, I reapply some thermal paste and it now hovers below 63c. I forgot to apply some thermal paste after I replaced the CPU. My GPU hovers just below 40c.

Im guessing it's the motherboard that's causing my pc to restart, can a faulty motherboard cause this?