[SOLVED] PC keeps shutting down while playing

Jurassic Park

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hello everybody,

I have problem with my PC which keeps shutting down while I'm playing games.
It crashes and turns itself off,or I got BSOD.
When I try to turn it on,after crash,it keeps booting for 4 seconds and then shuts off,and repeat that process until I remove RAM from socket.
I wouldn't say it's RAM,but I did bought new 2x4 GB few weeks ago.
PC keeps crashing even when I take out new or old RAM,so I think that's not a problem.
Temperatures seems normal,but PC case is warm on touch.
I updated all drivers on PC.
Last time when I rebooted PC,I started game and picture was very weird,like it freezes and it's teared,and full of glitches.You can't see anything on it.
I recently bought GPU from eBay that was used,but now I'm afraid it's faulty GPU.
Anyway here is my PC specs:

Desktop:
Windows 10 x64
LG 27UD58-B
MSI Z97 PC Mate
Intel i5 4670K
16 GB RAM
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming + 8GB
Coolermaster G550M

Solution
It could be your PSU giving up under stress.

but what your otherstuff is, really gets confusing.

You can remove the GPU and use the iGPU and see what happens then after a crash. Once you remove the GPU and plug the iGPU in, see if it boots up straight away. if it does, then maybe it is the GPU, if you still got a complicated start up procedure, it's probably something else.
It could be your PSU giving up under stress.

but what your otherstuff is, really gets confusing.

You can remove the GPU and use the iGPU and see what happens then after a crash. Once you remove the GPU and plug the iGPU in, see if it boots up straight away. if it does, then maybe it is the GPU, if you still got a complicated start up procedure, it's probably something else.

Solution