PC Keeps shutting down without warning

TomSogden

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2014
When i use my PC it keeps randomly shutting down without any kind of warning, it doesnt even say shutting down like it usually does. I know it cant be my power because my monitors stay on but when i checked my CPU temperature's just after it had shut down it was at 79 Celsius! Its only started happening since I installed windows 10 onto my PC so if anyone else has this problem please help! My Specs:
AMD 8320 w/ stock cooler
XFX AMD R9 270x
XFX 550 watt PSU
I have 2 other fans in my case and there is 2 on the gpu.
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
Thank you for any replies!

Solution
The system idle process of 91% tells me that the processor is not working hard at all .

Check the heatsink is firmly in place on the cpu .

Check the power supply fan is turning . The psu doesnt supply power to the monitor so that is not an indication

TomSogden

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2014

I looked at it with the BIOS (i think its called) just after it restarted itself
I thought it could be because windows 10 uses more processing power than windows 8.1 but i dont know
Thank you for the fast reply :)

TomSogden

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2014

http://imgur.com/M5uPlnD This is what it shows when i put it to whats using the most cpu power. I have skype, steam and chrome open and thats all

The system idle process of 91% tells me that the processor is not working hard at all .

Check the heatsink is firmly in place on the cpu .

Check the power supply fan is turning . The psu doesnt supply power to the monitor so that is not an indication

Solution

TomSogden

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2014

UPDATE: I reinstalled my old OS with the windows 10 feature and it is working fine now, before i couldn't have it on for more than 3 hours without it turning itself off, It hasn't turned off since so it must be a problem with windows 10.

TRENDING THREADS