[SOLVED] Pc keeps shutting of randomly while gaming

Dec 31, 2020
Hey, a couple of weeks ago, my pc started shutting off randomly with no warning or errors in the event viewer, For some reason this was only happening while I was playing games, i tried different games and it still didn't fix my problem. I checked task manager while playing the games and everything seemed fine, all of my components weren't using too much of anything. This started happening when i installed my new Hard drive, so i removed the hard drive and it still didn't fix my problem, i have tried everything from fixing overheating, to removing unneeded components. I am guessing that it is my PSU because it is a somewhat old one, maybe 4-5 years.

Components:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: Gigabyte windforce 2070 super
PSU: Cooler Master Elite V3 500w

Solution
Hey, a couple of weeks ago, my pc started shutting off randomly with no warning or errors in the event viewer, For some reason this was only happening while I was playing games, i tried different games and it still didn't fix my problem. I checked task manager while playing the games and everything seemed fine, all of my components weren't using too much of anything. This started happening when i installed my new Hard drive, so i removed the hard drive and it still didn't fix my problem, i have tried everything from fixing overheating, to removing unneeded components. I am guessing that it is my PSU because it is a somewhat old one, maybe 4-5 years.

Components:
PSU: Cooler...

Components:
PSU: Cooler Master Elite V3 500w
You can use MSI Afterburner to reduce the power limit to your GPU this will most likely stop the pc shutting off under a high GPU load. It will reduce performance though obviously.

Solution