[SOLVED] PC keeps shutting off after new gpu installed PLEASE HELP!!!

Nov 7, 2018
I recently upgraded my gpu from a gtx 1070 to a rtx 2080 ti and ever since my pc keeps shutting of after a couple of minutes while playing black ops 4.

Pc specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: RTX 2080ti Motherboard: MSI b350

Solution
That's a really strange issue... only happening in one game.
My advice would be to RMA the new card, because YOUR problem started prior to updating your GPU.
That's a great quality unit(he deleted his post, but he has a TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850W psu).
If the PC is powering off completely I suspect either the Motherboard or the Power Supply to be the issue ... can you test your PC with another PSU?

Nov 7, 2018

I only a another 500w psu but not sure if that would work

Nov 7, 2018

no i dont have warranty. My pc is working right now it only shuts off when I play a couple of minutes of Black ops 4

Well, when you're just browsing the internet you're not consuming a lot of power.
In gaming that rig should draw close to 400W(even a little bit more if you OCed)... so that's why you're encountering the problem there.

I'm guessing you bought the PSU used... so that would be the first to troubleshoot.
You'll need to try another adequate power supply(650W, decent unit) to test.

Nov 7, 2018

None of my parts are used. I bought them all new this pc is about 11 months old and the psu is about 7 months old

Nov 7, 2018

So do you recommend purchasing a new psu, if so any suggestions?

Well from the Thermaltake website your PSU has 10 years of warranty.... I don't get how you don't have warranty when you bought it new and it's only 7 months old.

Well, no if you bought it new... you should contact Thermaltake.

Nov 7, 2018

Should I ask for a new one?

Nov 7, 2018

So I did the stability test for like 20 mins and my average temps where around 48c and nothing happened