Question Pc keeps turning on and off HELP

fandongames

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
So this just started happening but when I press the power button the pc turns on for a second, turns off and then turns back on a second later in a nonstop loop. Holding down the power button doesn't do anything and the only way to stop the cycle is to unplug the pc entirely. I've never experienced this before amd have no idea what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

How old is this computer? If new, did you install all the components yourself? Usual suspect in this case may be a bad RAM stick or CPU. Possibly the motherboard itself. In rarer cases, it's the CPU or power supply. Are there any bootup LED's on your motherboard? Some boards have diagnostic LED's or panels that show a code. Those can help debug if available.

So this just started happening but when I press the power button the pc turns on for a second, turns off and then turns back on a second later in a nonstop loop. Holding down the power button doesn't do anything and the only way to stop the cycle is to unplug the pc entirely. I've never experienced this before amd have no idea what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

You'll need to provide full details on your system including PSU brand and size as well as any pertinent info like hardware and software changes you made recently.