Pc keeps typing * key even after disabling it

Jessica_83

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
My Lenovo G50 keeps typing this key, few months before it was typing the 0 key but it stopped by itself after a while. now it started with this other key and I have tried every possible solution, even disabling the key, but it keeps being pressed automatically.
It starts when I start the pc, it fills the password field and it is very difficult to log in, then while writing it happens every couple of seconds. There are no viruses according to my Avast antivirus and it isn't a problem related to the key being stuck because after cleaning it, removing it and disabling it the problem is still there. I have also tried pressing shift very fast for 5-6 times but didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Solution
VERY likely there is a little dirt in the key that causes it to "short" as if it were being pressed. If you are really handy at fixing such things you might clean it. But maybe better to take it to a pro repair shop for that.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
VERY likely there is a little dirt in the key that causes it to "short" as if it were being pressed. If you are really handy at fixing such things you might clean it. But maybe better to take it to a pro repair shop for that.

Solution